•For Children - Starting Sailing - a 'basic skills' course for children in single handers.
The course is aimed at existing club members with Family membership. For more information please see the Course Outlines page or contact Nick Cooke, the Junior Training Co-ordinator.
• Safety Boat Familiarisation Day - Essential for all club members who might use the safety boat. This is a 1-day course run on demand - normally on a Saturday in February/March.
The club also arranges other courses on an occasional basis:
• For Adults and Teenagers - An initial 'taster' day at the start of the season (April)
• Start Sailing – A basic skills course for usually in crewed dinghies.
• Start Racing– An introduction to racing
• Enterprise Training Day. An absolute must for ASC Enterprise Sailors covering all aspects of racing the Ent. Normally run and coordinated with the Enterprise Association. For details please contact the class captain.
• Ad-hoc advice and instruction sessions run for less experienced sailors by the 'hot shots' in their classes.
Just have a go ?
If you want to just have a go then we do arrange taster days, normally held in the Spring (see club calendar). Otherwise come down to the club on Sunday mornings when members are normally racing so you can see us in action and chat about getting afloat.