Member Pages Login

Current Conditions




Sailing Suspended! 


New mud flats have appeared

We have had to suspend sailing until further notice. The drop in water level by approx one metre, carried out by the reservoir owners, means that the risk of shallows, obstacles etc is high, with the potential for capsizes.  In addition, there are problems with launching and recovery, especially in high winds, as the jetties are not usable. Third, there is a safety boat problem in that we now have only one safety boat on the water. 

As we understand it, the owners, Liberty Lake Leisure, will get a further report from their engineer, who is expected to inspect the dam again soon. If their decision is to keep the level as it is, some sailing might be possible but already there is a serious likelihood that schools and juniors plus seniors and disabled will not be able to sail under current conditions.

This used to be an island


Paul Reynolds, Publicity Officer 

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.